1.8.11

The joys of Lifeguarding


Okay, so I always love reading other peoples blogs so I am starting my own blog.

Update on the week:

Monday-Friday
This whole week I have been life guarding at the Cherry Village pool, in our neighborhood. It is surrounded by houses full of children that get the joy of swimming for 2 hours a day while I, the lifeguard,watch them. Some peopl may say that lifeguarding in boring, and I am just confirming that. Haha. It is probably one of the most boring jobs ever. However, it is super important because I am there in cas someone starts to drown or needs a bandaid:) Although it can be boring, a lot of interesting things happen...This last week I had to deal with a little boy that pooed on the floor in the boys bathroom. GROSS right?! yeah. It was. So I usually dont go into the bathroom during lifeguarding time because I am watching the children, obviously. But the water was FREEZING. So I was looking for a thermometer to check the temperature, and we keep a lot of the pool supplies/lifeguard supplies in the bathrooms. So I go in there real fast and checked to see if they forgot to flush or something, and I see absoluting nothing in the toilet...yet the smell seemed to get worse as seconds passed. I lookall around the bathroom and low an behold I see a pile of poo on the floor. Right next to the toilet. Um, yeah..How do you just miss...? I don't know. So I pull the little boy out of the pool and ask him if it was him who had the accident. And of course, he lies to me. Haha. I know he was lying because he was the only one to use the bathroom that day, and the poo was fresh. EW. So I tell him to go home and get me some paper towels so I can clean it up. Luckily his mom comes out wondering why I needed the paper towels and she see's the mess, and cleans it up. You have no idea how GRATEFUL I was for this Mom. :) Anyways, here are a few pictures of the girlies at the pool and such. Yep, they are adorable.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment